Tuesday 24 January 2012

Update

Today I was out and about in Norwich. I did not manage to make it to the Little Red Roaster before they closed, unfortunately. I had a pretty good time in the city, though.


I went to Press to Play and Circular Sound on St Benedict's Street looking for carrying cases for my records. There was a nice green one for 7"s at Circular Sound, I had it for £3 along with some singles that I'll discuss when I do another vinyl round-up. It's my intention to do another one towards the end of next month--hopefully with photos. If I take photos I'll update the last round-up, too.

I love the case--it was pretty clean and I've given it a light wash with a microfibre cloth I bought at Poundland. It was drizzly today and it kept out the water, I would say that the plastic leather covering is good to protect from rain and splashes. Aside from the ability to carry records around in style I would say the best feature is the smell. You can stick your head in there and get a real whiff of that second-hand record shop smell, that odour of salubrious mustiness and gracefully decaying paper stock.

Today's been pretty relaxed--i found time to head to the library at the Forum and take out Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 04, X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills by Chris Claremont and Brent Anderson and Spawn Origins Collection, book one. I've been making slow progress on Blood Meridian it's enjoyable but there's a lot on at the moment. I should probably make time to prepare a summary of an article on the moravians.

No comments:

Post a Comment