Wednesday 4 July 2012

Regaining My Edge

I thought I would write this brief note because I know I've been a little quiet of late, but I like to think I've gained some insight.

At the moment of writing I am listening for the first time to Smashing Pumpkins' Oceania. There seem to be moments but it comes across as ultimately uninteresting to me at this time. Though I do like the solo in 'My Love is Winter,' honorable mention.

I was interning for all of June, and hence had a lot less time to listen to music and write. My comics intake saw a similar hit. As you can imagine the temporal challenge of money figures fairly heavily in my mind (how I would love a new turntable!) It's my hope that in the long I will get a job and strike a good balance with the blogging/ records/ comics.

Recently I acquired a rather worn Patti Smith 'Because the Night' single. Co-written, of course, by Bruce Springsteen. Although the lyrics are maybe a bit silly, the composition is great. As is the production: a fun game is to turn things up so that the quiet intro is at normal listening volume and wait for the drums to kick in. I will be hunting down a copy of the superlative Easter at some stage, sooner rather than later.


I'm still fairly satisfied with my mono trick, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment